1. Unclear expectations. If you have a clear idea of what you want then try to find a reference image to add to the brief. Terms like “edgy” mean different things to different people.
2. Revisions. Particularly in later stages of the project. Once creative is almost final even small changes can result in numerous hours of additional work.
3. Unclear approval processes. Delays in approvals often result in missed deadlines and subsequent cost implications.
4. Scrimping on experience and talent. While the cost savings are sometimes tempting often the result is work that needs to be redone or is sub-par.
5. Poor media planning. Sometimes great media deals – such as last minute offers – aren’t a deal if they require new creative or lots of your time. If it is not in line with your marketing plan then give it a pass.