The District of Saanich was looking to refresh their brand without changing their logo. The goals of the project were to:
1. Communicate the benefits of organizational branding to staff:
2. Create designs that were very flexible and easy to implement:
3. Develop a design that would be fresh and exciting while working with existing branding elements.
From the beginning of the project, staff were engaged through a series of meetings and workshops which helped inform the creative process. The workshops and staff meetings were also an opportunity for Iconic to help educate the staff on the value of branding and how the utilization of a VIP and consistent brand would:
1. Make their jobs easier;
2. Create a more professional impression of the organization and their work:
3. Communicate more effectively with the public. These sessions were well attended, alleviated staff apprehension
and created excitement about the new brand.
Iconic developed a 40+ page VIP document, which included helpful hints and a Q&A section designed for staff with limited design experience. There was also a companion 20+ page writing style guide produced as well as a digital toolkit which included templates for stationery, ads, brochures, PowerPoint presentations, business cards and more.
The program is still in the roll-out phase however it is clear that key project objectives have been met.
1. Utilization: Because of their involvement throughout the project staff began to use the VIP even before it was officially launched.
2. Efficiency: Iconic was also able to recommend improvements to several key organizational marketing/advertising processes which will save Saanich both time and money.